I knew Guy would be my main man in Super Street Fighter IV from back when only rumors of his inclusion in the title existed. I could make a list detailing why that was such an easy decision and guess what? This is my website and I’m going to do just that.
Here’s 10 reasons why Guy is awesome.
- Guy is a ninja and that’s really the only reason one needs for using him.
- He’s also a badass and, sure, it’s easy to attribute his badassery to the fact that he’s a ninja but let’s not forget Naruto, OK?
- Guy has not one Izuna Drop, not two, but THREE of what is arguably the coolest looking move ever. One is an air throw, one is a follow-up to his command jump and the other is the climax to his Ultra 1. Awesome.
- Guy is originally from Final Fight, a game where you walk around with one of two other badasses and beat up on pretty much every citizen of the fictional, crime-ridden Metro City. There’s a drawing to be made here, I’m just looking to find the time.
- He has a command run and, as a fan of KOF and running straight at people to punch them in the face, that’s right up my alley.
- For all of Guy’s talk about “the way of Bushinryu,“ it’s never really explained just what that is. But hey, if Guy takes it that seriously so should we.
- I don’t know who Guy’s voice actor is but I’ll be damned if he’s not a one badass sounding motherfucker. If I had that dude’s voice I’d be talking in “Guy mode” all the time.
- At the start of a match, he jump kicks the shit out of some barrels. If that doesn’t tell you he means business, I don’t know what will.
- He’s bottom tier, or at least he seems to be as of this writing. That means that, as far as I’m concerned, I have an excuse for sucking now.
- HE’S A FREAKIN’ NINJA!
Thank you for your time.Posted on May 29, 2010 in Video Games |